Advertising Terms and Conditions
On this page you will find the General Advertising Terms and Conditions of Horti-Text BV (“We”, “Us”, “Our”), publisher of In Greenhouses magazine and Vakblad Onder Glas. In these Terms and Conditions, We set out the rights and obligations of the advertiser (“You”, “Your”) following placement of an insertion order with Us which We subsequently confirm.
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to all offers issued by Us and all agreements entered into with Us.
2. All offers issued by Us are without commitment.
3. Agreements with Us are concluded as soon as We send You Our written order confirmation by email. However, We reserve the right to refuse orders placed with Us for the insertion of advertisements or advertorials in whole or in part without giving reasons.
4. If a magazine deadline is postponed due to circumstances beyond Our control, We cannot be held liable for the consequences. In such circumstances, Our advertisers must at all times fulfil their obligations.
5. The applicable rates can be found in Our order confirmation. All rates are exclusive of VAT and other statutory levies or taxes, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
6. You must ensure, at Your own expense and risk, that We are in possession of all material required for the insertion of advertisements and advertorials by no later than the copy deadline specified in the order confirmation. The material must be delivered in the manner indicated in the order confirmation. If the material is not delivered in this way, any resulting additional costs will be charged to You. The additional costs will amount to at least 20% of the agreed price.
7. Cancellations must always be made in writing or by email. Cancellation of an advertisement booking will incur a cancellation fee as follows:
- For cancellations up to three months before the copy deadline, no cancellation fee is charged.
- For cancellations during the three months prior to the copy deadline, the cancellation fee is 20% of the invoice total.
- For cancellations between the copy deadline and the publication date, the cancellation fee is 70% of the invoice total.
- No fee is charged if an advertisement insertion is postponed to an upcoming issue before the copy deadline.
8. If We send You a proof of the advertisement or advertorial, You must notify Us of any corrections or amendments in writing within seven days. If You do not do so, the proof of the advertisement or advertorial will be deemed to have been approved and no complaints about advertisements published in accordance with the proofs will be entertained.
9. Preferred placements can only be implemented when possible from an editorial and technical point of view.
10. We will not be liable for the content of Your advertisements and You must indemnify Us in this respect. We will not be liable for the extent to which and the manner in which the magazine containing Your advertisement or advertorial is distributed or for failure to publish this magazine on the planned publication date. However, We will be liable if one or more of the aforementioned circumstances occurs and these circumstances can be attributed to intent or gross negligence on Our part. If We are liable, for whatever reason, our liability will at all times be limited to an amount not exceeding the price paid to Us for the advertisement in respect of which We have failed to perform. You must lodge any complaint with Us within eight days of the publication date of the magazine containing the advertisement or advertorial, failing which You will forfeit all your rights.
11. The rates referred to in 5 above must be paid by the payment date stated on the invoice or, in the absence thereof, within 14 days of the invoice date. Neither You nor Your advertising agency may apply discounts of any kind to these rates. In the event of late payment, statutory interest will be charged without any reminder or notice of default being required. All judicial and extrajudicial costs which We incur in connection with the collection of the outstanding balance will be charged to You.
14. All offers and agreements issued or entered into by Us are governed by Dutch law.
Version: 12 March 2018